SSAR strives to have the most current checklist of North American species names available by providing a fully searchable and accessible database. The contents are the work of the Scientific and Standard English Names Committee, chaired by Brian Crother.
Features of the SSAR CNDB:
- Search by scientific or common name to retrieve taxonomic authority and notes.
- Search by clade, or alien (non-native to North America) status using Fuzzy, Loose or Exact search terms
- Tool tips (hover with cursor to reveal help notes)
- Results at a glance show alien species status and within species range (based on IP location)
- Links to images or detailed species accounts for reptiles and amphibians
- Download results as CSV or as formatted report (HTML)